Lying in bed this morning, I began to think of the many beautiful things in my life. The fact of the matter is that while I hate clutter, I am a DAILY collector of beautiful things. I curate and collect sensual moments; you know the kind of things that pass but somehow magically show up in different ways.
Here’s just a sample of what’s on my list:
- All kinds of Kisses.
- The written, spoken or gestured words “I love you”
- Feeling beautiful without need for confirmation.
- Hugs that end but that you wish wouldn’t.
- The smell of dewy grass, eucalyptus or pine at sunrise.
- Sunsets over the ocean.
- The face of a child understanding something they previously felt it was impossible to learn.
- The feeling of a warm fire, radiator, blanket or body on a cold night.
- The reveal of a loved one when you haven’t seen them in ages.
- Clean water when you are thirsty.
- Blooming flowers.
- The taste of fruit heavy with ripeness but still on the tree.
- The gratitude of being able to offer hospitality and the warmth of being its recipient.
- The mist of warm water waves.
- Music that makes you cry, sing or dance.
- Holding hands.
- Tickles and back scratches
- Laughter that’s so deep, parts of the body start to hurt or tears begin to fall
- Looking around and seeing people of all colors, sizes and shapes and knowing that they are family.
- Conversations that inspire thought.
- Extraordinary quiet
- Being in the moment
My list goes on and on.
What’s on YOUR list?
Like my blog? Share it!