If you are or want to be an artist or entrepreneur, you have a special place in my heart! I have worked in marketing for over a decade and I never get tired of learning. Here I am sharing a tip I learned from a group of bloggers. The tip is to start or join a comment or engagement pod. Pods are primarily used for Instagram marketing because one of the ways to gain followers on Instagram is to have people engage (like and comment) quickly on photos. This idea CAN be used on other platforms as well.
There are Pods that already exist and you can even sign up to sevices that will put you in a pod BUT creating your own pod is NOT difficult.
To start a pod on Instagram:
- Get a group of businesses together that will commit to engaging (LIKES/COMMENTS/SHARES) on one anothers content.
- Add everyone that you want in your pod to a group message on Instagram.
- Whenever someone in the group posts a piece of content, they also post in the group message. Everyone should have notifications turned on, then they can go like and comment on that post.
- Commenting on each other’s posts with more than four WORDS (emoji’s don’t count) is a really important way to boost them with the algorithm.
* To get the most out of your content, optimize it using hashtags and relevant descriptions.
Other ways to use this concept:
You can have a daily thread on Facebook and ask members of your group to comment with a direct link to their latest post. The request can be to promote within Facebook or to boost posts on other sites (Instagram, Youtube)
Pods will work when all members feel genuinely inspired to like, comment and share content. Remember that the value of your engagement increases from like, to comment, to share.
Finally, don’t just add people to a group. ASK. Keep social media social.